Sunday 16 May 2021

Time Slips On By

I didn't realize it has been two months since I updated this! Not a lot has happened, but I guess that's true of most of the QuaranTimes. We're all just kind of stuck waiting right now... hoping that things will get better soon.

The update on Mickey is that I let things trail off. I liked chatting with him, but I was getting the distinct impression that he wanted more from me than I was interested in giving. Just a tip, when you're just starting to build a connection with someone and they're having fun getting to know you, maybe you shouldn't start using them constantly for emotional support for the other issues in your life. Up to and including messaging them in the middle of the night to see if they're up because you had a bad day. Wow. I mean, relationships are supposed to involve support and give and take... but there needs to be some kind of a relationship first! I'm disappointed because I was having fun, but better to know now that he wasn't going to be a fit then to put more time and energy into things.

I have plenty of places to put my time and energy already! My wedding anniversary with Henry is coming up. Obviously we still can't do much but we're planning to have a date night at home, just the two of us. Something low key but just focusing on being together. I'm looking forward to having that time with him!

In other exciting news that involves time and energy... Charles has moved in with us, on an ongoing basis. He gave up his old place and we moved all his stuff here. It's been interesting figuring out how to blend our furniture so that everyone is happy. And of course he has his own room that he can decorate however he likes since that's just his space.

The transition has been going pretty smoothly. I mean, he has been living here for the past most of a year anyway, what with the pandemic, and everyone has been getting along. He and Henry are friends, and Kiddo enjoys having an extra adult around to hang out with or play games. Everyone has their own room so that we all have personal space, which is really important, and everyone knows their household responsibilities.

It's been really good having him here. It's nice that even on days where he is busy or tired, that we can still grab a few moments of cuddles or conversation, or at least see each other around the dinner table. Charles is generally a very busy man, so even once covid is over, if he hadn't stayed we would probably only see each other 2 nights a week, and neither of us wanted that when this feels comfortable and is currently working for all of us. If that changes, we'll revisit it. I'm so lucky that the boys are both so easygoing and that they like each other as friends. I'm the high strung one of the three of us!

This wasn't just for convenience, though... we talked about this, and it was a conscious choice to create further entwinement for us. We didn't want to just fall into being together because covid. We wanted to build more "us". It's been interesting, because I never thought that I would have two serious relationships. This certainly isn't something that I sought out. I'm very happy with Henry, and he is absolutely my life partner. Charles and I haven't committed to anything like that yet, and who knows what the future will hold? But for now, we're choosing us, and that's good enough for me.

While everything else is stressful right now because of the pandemic, at least my life is full of love.

4 comments:

  1. it is so nice to see you posting and hope everything is working out well. May I ask if you, Henry and Charles share the same bed at the same time or does Charles always come to your room and then retreat to his or you going to his and retreating to yours. Just curious...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have our own bedrooms, now. It makes things easier. I definitely would not want to sleep three in a bed! I like having space and the cat takes up as much room as an adult person.

      But it's less pressure. Everyone can sleep where they want. If I want company, I ask for it.

      Delete
  2. Awesome to hear you are healthy and happy! What a wonderful set-up! You deserve every happiness.

    ReplyDelete