Saturday 21 September 2019

Time Flies!

Life has just been crazy lately, and I didn't realize it had been so long since I made a post here! I meant to update after my fabulous date night with Henry but didn't get around to it.

Like I said before, I love doing the big, movie style gestures that go way over the top. I teased Henry all week, since this was our first official weekly date night and I told him I was doing something big. I love creating that excitement and tension!

In the early evening, I sent him out and told him not to come home for an hour while I got the house ready. And then I set up a romantic scavenger hunt for him. I stuck the first card on our front door, so he'd see it when he came home. Then every single clue had a little present attached (a craft beer, a gift card, a lottery ticket, or some candy) and a limerick that led to the next clue. I also wrote out a love note about one of our memories and left it with each clue. When he got to the end, I was waiting in bed in lingerie with a bottle of champagne and some appetizers, and a romantic movie ready to go.

We had a wonderful evening together! I really wanted to make Henry feel so loved and appreciated, and I think I succeeded at that. It's so easy to fall into taking your partner for granted, and neither of us wants to do that. We want to keep the romance and emotional intimacy flourishing.

There have been a couple of date nights since then- Henry lit candles, baked me treats, and gave me a full body massage last week, and this past week, we made an at-home version of one of our favorite restaurant meals together and cuddled up to watch a movie. We're not always going to do something big and exciting, but the point is that we want that little bit of time carved out to spend quality time together. I can see how it's helping keep our connection strong.

Tonight, Henry and I are going to a BDSM party. It's been a while, and I'm really looking forward to it. Chris is supposed to be there too, so I think it's going to be a great night- I haven't seen him in ages!

I haven't seen as much of Charles lately because he's been sick and then got slammed at work, but he's been making a real effort to show me that I am important to him even if he hasn't been able to give me the time we both want. We did get our usual date night this week and he stayed over, and he arranged to take Sunday off so that we can have some more time together. Words matter... but actions are how you find out what you mean to someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment