Saturday 6 February 2016

Best.Date.Ever!

I haven't written in a while, but unfortunately, my life is not always kinky and sexy and exciting. Sometimes it's mundane. I'm still a daughter and a mother and numerous other roles in my life which need attention, even when what I'd really like to do is go and get naked.

Yesterday was just amazing, though! I was worried if I didn't sit down and write about it, I wouldn't remember every delicious detail. Kiddo was visiting family, and Henry offered to take me on a weekend trip. It's been a while since we've had a romantic date together, which is kind of a thing that happens. We've been dating for 18 months now, so things aren't fresh or new or exciting anymore, but they still don't have that inherent security and promise of a long term relationship. It's a place I haven't been in a long time so I'm not really used to it. I still am enjoying my time with Henry, though- especially when we get to cut loose and have some fun!

So we hopped in the car and somehow managed to avoid crazy weekend traffic on our way. Stopped off to meet friends for dinner at a pub. I hadn't seen Chris in a while, and Henry had only met him briefly before. It was fun just to hang out for a little while. We even tried to keep the conversation mostly public appropriate, although there are a few moments where I wondered if anyone was listening to us! Chris and I tried to schedule a playdate but looks like our lives are busy in exactly the wrong ways for a little while. Hopefully in a few months we can get together again.

Then Henry whisked me off to the theatre. I hadn't been in so long! Not only are tickets generally out of my price range, there's also figuring out babysitting and transportation, so life gets complicated :) The show was fantastic!

And the best part was, much to our surprise, two of the actors in the performance were actually celebrities from a somewhat-known TV series! We had no idea they were in this city, let alone in the performance that we were attending. I asked an usher if it was possible to meet the actors after the show, and he told me yes and even showed me where I could wait! Deliriously happy and excited. The actors were so personable! Henry and I got a photo of us with them, as well as autographs. I haven't met any famous people in a really long time, so it was really a thrill for me.

After the show, we went out for dessert. Maybe it's silly, but it's always felt a little decadent to me to go out to a restaurant just for dessert. So of course, I love it! Henry got a huge banana split and I got a slice of white chocolate raspberry cheesecake- delicious!

I was imagining heading back and having some wild and crazy sex followed by snuggles, but I got a text from John asking if we wanted to go hot tubbing. Heck yes! It was so relaxing to hang out on a winter's night in the blissfully hot water with John and Henry and some other friends. We were in there long enough to boil ourselves, but it was great. The perfect end to an amazing day.

Yeah, I was too tired for sex when we got home. Saved that for this morning :) An awesome day of lounging around and making love just like we used to when we first started dating. I've missed it.

3 comments:

  1. So great to see you, and hear about your wonderful evening! Mmmm... cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to have you back xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a lovely evening... and morning..

    ~ shadowfire ~

    ReplyDelete