Friday 6 February 2015

Social Networks

I didn't realize how isolated I've been lately. I hadn't been out to a munch in four months, and only a couple of parties. I have really missed seeing my friends. I have been so lonely and it was really good to get to spend some time with people who care about me. I knew I was missing some social time, but I didn't realize how important it was for my emotional health. I feel so much better just having gotten out, getting to chat with people and hugs. Hugs are awesome :)

Henry and Frank came to the munch, too, and it was good to be able to show Henry off. It was a good balance, too; we spent some time together and some time off socializing with our own friends. And when he came back over and slid his arms around me and kissed me in front of the whole room, it made me feel so good. Maybe it's silly but PDA makes me feel like he wants to be with me enough that he wants to show he is with me; that he's not afraid to show the world that he loves me. And after everything... I really need that validation.

After the munch, Henry and Frank came over and we split a bottle of wine and watched some Netflix. It was low key and we just hung out, and when we got sleepy Frank went to the guest room and Henry and I fell asleep cuddled up. It hadn't been that long, but the feeling of skin on skin was so good. Oxytocin is a lovely thing. Drifting off to sleep with his arms around me.

I am hoping that this month will help me start to recover. I got to go to the munch, and I have two parties planned and hopefully a date with Jennifer, too. I just want to start feeling like myself again. I want to be happy and pick up the pieces of my life and move on.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've crossed the darkness and made your way to the light. I hope it gets brighter every day!

    ReplyDelete