Friday 21 September 2018

Just Floating Along

Nothing too exciting to report, but I like to write frequently at the beginning of a relationship because I enjoy going back and reading my old posts. All those crazy feelings at the start of a new relationship don't last very long, and I enjoy going back and basking in all the feels.

I really enjoy NRE. I know that it's just chemicals with a person I like for now, and I want to get to know him better so that it isn't solely that. But I also want to slow down and take it one day at a time and enjoy every minute. NRE doesn't last forever and I love the overwhelming bits of it. I enjoy intensity. I'm totally okay with it not being real love even though that's how my brain processes it right now. It's still pretty awesome. It's like being in a little bubble where it's just the two of us.

I know a lot of people don't like NRE; they don't enjoy the brain fog and the rose coloured glasses and prefer to get through it as quickly as possible to find "normal". Then I know some people who are NRE junkies, and they skip from relationship to relationship to keep feeling all the feelings. Honestly, if they don't let people know in advance that they're only in it for the short haul, I think it's a bit unethical to do that. I wouldn't want to fall into the NRE hole with someone who was planning to leave when the crazy passion starts to die down- that's a quick trip to heartache for me. But me? I won't chase NRE. I don't want to feel it unless I'm with someone I want to keep around. And then, I want to enjoy every minute of it.

Charles and I had a date the other day, and apparently we both independently considered cancelling it. He was exhausted, and I was irritable. We both decided to try and push through it because we wanted to see each other, and I'm glad we did. We were too tired for much hanging out, so we went straight to bed. We didn't have the energy or desire for one of our long and drawn out marathon sex sessions, but we definitely had desire for each other! We had a passionate quickie, and then snuggled in bed and talked a little while we kissed and touched and held each other. I love skin on skin, and spending time cuddling with a partner is wonderful to me.

Short and simple, but perfect.

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great post! The reaction to NRE is intense! We still haven't found our stride when it hits, we just know that when it does, look out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Roger Rabbit, how do you guys experience NRE then? Just curious to hear your experience as well if you'd like to share it.

      Delete