Saturday 18 August 2018

Third Time's A Charm

While I don't really believe in "kitchen table" polyamory, where all parties sit down together and hang out and discuss things, I do think it's important for everyone to at least meet each other. First of all, for those who are newer to poly, meeting your partner's partner can help alleviate some of the concern. This is a real person with their own flaws and foibles, not some supermodel scientist who is amazing at everything! Secondly, the newer partner will likely appreciate meeting yours, so that they get confirmation that everything is above board and they aren't going to have an angry husband chasing them with a machete!

So, Charles came over the other night, and Henry made dinner for us all and we hung out for a bit. Nothing too exciting there, just a little getting-to-know-you, before Henry decided to bow out and give us a little privacy. I think during NRE (new relationship energy) it's especially important to do stuff one on one and not as a group, so that the new relationship can find its own ground. And Henry is a sweetie, and he agrees with that :)  Remember that while we totally enjoy casual sex with people, both together and on our own, we're also poly and don't believe that feelings threaten our connection. My feelings for someone else have nothing to do with my love and respect and desire for Henry, and he knows that. And sex is so much better with someone you have feelings for!

Usually, any way- I don't have any specifics with Charles yet! He told me that he's sapiosexual, and that he wants to get to know me better because he doesn't enjoy sex for sex's sake- he prefers to have it when he's connected with someone. While I can enjoy casual sex, it's pretty compartmentalized for me. I don't feel romantic with someone unless we are developing an intimate connection, either. So we've been putting more focus into getting to know each other and haven't fucked yet.

I have to admit that it's been interesting. I'm much more a sex on the first date kind of woman, if I like the person, so having three dates with someone and still not getting naked with them is a first for me. I wonder how it will change my experience when we finally do have sex. I'm looking forward to finding out, though!

We wound up spending a good chunk of the evening on my couch making out like teenagers. Kissing, nibbling, licking, touching, and talking to each other somewhat distractedly, but drunk on arousal. I know he wants me- his cock has made that very clear! And my panties were so wet after he left that they could practically stand up by themselves! I have to admit that I've really enjoyed the focus on kissing, though. I love passionate kisses. I am definitely an oral sort of person, and Henry isn't into kissing as much as I am. So having some extra time to enjoy that has been good.

He's also been very chatty with me by text, since I told him that's how I like to get to know someone. So far, everything's green, and I'm having a wonderful time. Can't wait to see him again :)

5 comments:

  1. So fun hearing about these interactions. I get the most blank stares of misunderstanding when I talk about having dinner with Hubby's ladies but gosh... it's a meal and conversation! It makes things go so much more smoothly. Also on the edge of my chair feeling the NRE with C and you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thanks Sassy! I'm pretty happy with the NRE- it's been a long time for me! Nearly four years since I started dating someone new, and look how that turned out ;) It was Henry.

      Eh, there aren't many people I couldn't sit down for the length of a meal with, just to say hi and get to know who they are a little. I don't see why it has to be so taboo in our society. Glad you guys are able to do that- I bet it does make things easier.

      Delete
  2. is he a noob? If so kinda explains why he has not taken his excitement and inserted into your excitement. Probably worried about Henry killing him...might be an exaggeration but we have seen it happen with us....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's younger, but I wouldn't call him a noob. He and Henry are getting along too, so I don't think it was that. I suspect he genuinely enjoys getting to know his partners well before getting physical, and I was OK waiting until he was ready :)

      Delete
  3. I think Charles is adorable and very romantic! And damn, building up, the longing is so erotic.

    ReplyDelete